Since the year of EU immigration policy is sadly coming to a close, NCFCA has released its three resolution options for next year’s season! Voting is already open, NCFCA has released papers, videos and webinars, and sometimes amidst all the discussion of who likes which resolution more, it can get overwhelming. This is especially true of this year, where all three resolutions are intriguing, educational, and exciting in different ways. Because of this, we’ve boiled down the resolutions to a quick list of pros and cons to help you come to a decision without too much headache. That said, please feel free to take a look at NCFCA’s resources before voting!Continue reading “NCFCA 2022 TP Resolution Analysis by: Logan Hickman and Anna Macklem”
Lasting Impact! and Ziggy are joining forces to create an epic Debate Championship to close out the 2021 season! I know you will have questions… so let’s get them started!
1. Why are Ziggy and Lasting Impact! teaming up? It’s always awesome to collaborate with like-minded organizations and friends. We love coming together and collaborating and giving families opportunities to engage in speech and debate opportunities.
2. What are your goals? We want to see students growing, and continuing to hone their debate skills whether they are attending NCFCA Nationals or not. This also continues to give judges the opportunity to fill out ballots and give more feedback. Essentially, it’s that feedback that can help students to think critically, analyze their thought process, and make decisions on what needs to be said, or what does not. And let’s not under estimate the power of practice!
3. Who is the Ziggy + Lasting Impact! National Championship for? You did not need to make it to Nationals to compete in this unique debate event. Not all of the top competitors will make it to Nationals. Iron sharpens iron. Use this for the opportunity to grow for next season, or use this as your last hoorah, or use this event to test out your cases!
4. Will there be a case list? Students will have the option to disclose the TP case they are running during signup, but do not have to do so. We encourage teams to share what case(s) they are running, though, as we believe this enhances the quality of rounds! Per Ziggy Rule 2(a)(ii), Aff TP teams will need to send a copy of their case to the Negative team upon request during the round.
5. Will there be prizes? Yes, of course! More details soon!
6. Why the weekly/5 day format? Easy. Flexibility!! We wanted something easy and flexible for you to commit to.
7. What is the cost? Early bird is only $30 per person. Sign up now!
8. How do you sign up?
Be sure to check out all the rules at www.ziggyonlinedebate.us On behalf of Ziggy and Lasting Impact! we hope you will join us!
Our friends at IvyPanda reached out to us to tell us about an article they wrote. They specifically thought our audience would benefit from reading what they had to say about “filler words.” We couldn’t agree more…. Do you have an article you want to see? Have you written something you think our audience will benefit from? Contact us! We’d love to hear from you!Continue reading “Guest Blog – Filler Words in Speech (part 1)”
I know it sounds crazy, but are you ready for fall!? There is something exciting about the planning process that I absolutely love! Therefore, I thought you might like a hint as to what is in store through Lasting Impact!
Online Speech Club –
Meet with students from across the country learning together the Art of Communication. Lead by Heather Neumann, the Ms Frizzle of the competitive speech world. This one semester club will meet weekly, and teach valuable lessons to implement into Speech and Debate. Each student will perform and have a speech ready by the end of the semester.
Interp Club – NEW
Grow your interpretive skills with this new innovative club. Students will grow through a variety of experiences- cold reading, monologues, play reading, prose, and much more. Students will also be preparing an interpretive piece used for competition. This club will meet weekly, first semester and is lead by Heather Neumann.
Apologetics Club –
Come and grow and figure your out how you would answer questions of your faith. Weekly meetings include elements of learning how to compete in Apologetics, but mostly diving into how one would answer such questions as explain the meaning and significance of the trinity, why does God allow evil, etc.
Limited Prep Club –
Who couldn’t benefit from learning to think on their feet better. This unique club will explore the elements of putting together your thought process. The main focus of this club will be Impromptu Speaking, but other Limited Prep events will be covered.
Debate Clubs –
As always, Lasting Impact! plans to offer both beginning and advanced Debate Clubs for both Team Policy and Lincoln Douglas Debate.
The Debate Circuit –
Yes! The Circuit will be back! Weekly rounds via Zoom to help your cases get refined. There will also be an outrounds included. The Circuit starts late Sept and ends before Thanksgiving.
Junior Opportunities –
Speech and Debate doesn’t need to start in High School. Lasting Impact! will also be offering Order in the Court again with Julie Romeo, Beginner Speech – for students ages 9-12, and Debate Readiness with Amy Eichholz.
In addition to all of these fantastic clubs we have a plethora of information for families, club leaders, and coaches. We are putting together NEW worksheets and videos to help simplify the teaching process. We are excited for what the 2021-22 has in store! Whether you are online or in person, Lasting Impact! aims to have the resources you need to succeed! Registration will be opening up SOON! Space will be limited.
Don’t forget Summer Camps are right around the corner!! Contact us if your club wants to have the Lasting Impact! Team come your way!! Please contact us if your have any questions!!
One of the requirements of our Lasting Impact! Coaches is that they engage in tournaments, practice rounds, judging, etc. Really understanding the culture of the season! Yes! It can change from year to year! Take this year for example! Ha! There has never been a year quite like it! Check out, Emalyn’s latest experience…Continue reading “This Season – A Piece of Cake? By: Emalyn Sharp”
Have you been to a tournament or two and are feeling like you aren’t quite prepared? Don’t fret, you aren’t alone! Most teams have an aff case they are comfortable with by this point, but often going neg can feel daunting. Luckily, the interconnectedness of this year’s resolution means that with a collection of general briefs, you can feel prepared to debate against cases you haven’t even heard of before!
To supplement and spur on your research, the Lasting Impact team has released a Booster – collection of three general briefs and one neg brief covering key issues affecting many if not most of this year’s cases…Continue reading “Need a MidSeason Boost?”