Love it or hate it, this year’s resolution is one of the narrowest resolutions we’ve seen in a long time. Narrow resolutions make way to more topicality issues and more topicality arguments. Regardless of your position on when it is or isn’t appropriate to run topicality, it’ll likely happen a lot throughout the year, so let’s examine the topicality scene as it regards cases…Continue reading “Topicality in the 2022 NCFCA Resolution by Logan Hickman”
We are excited to announce the release of the 2021-2022 Lasting Impact! Team Policy Sourcebook! If you know you want it – purchase it HERE. But perhaps you have questions – Why this Sourcebook? What does it cover? Why Lasting Impact? In order to introduce it, the authors will answer questions about why it was written, and what we hope you can gain from it…Continue reading “Reasons Why You Need To Buy The Lasting Impact! TP Sourcebook”
Today is the day to buy this book. We hope you decide to take a look! Hundreds of hours have been poured into helping you succeed. Thanks for listening, now Godspeed! All kidding aside, Go HERE or to the SHOP to purchase our 2021-2022 TP Sourcebook- for a limited time it’s only $29.95!!
The Lasting Impact 2021-2022 NCFCA TP Sourcebook contains over 400 cards of high quality research, plus analysis and strategies. Within the sourcebook there are 5 cases (complete with 1ACs, Affirmative backups, and Negative briefs), 6 general briefs, and a thorough resolutional analysis document to jump start your understanding and research of this year’s topic.
Each case was tailor made to cover a broad scope of issues that are likely to be highly debated this coming season. These topics include prison labor, solitary confinement, attorney-client confidentiality, drugs, and prison care. Additionally, the general briefs provide a great way of not only jump-starting further research, but having evidence on hand that will be useful against many cases throughout the season. These general briefs cover topics including human rights: standards, human rights: violations, mental health, staff needs, medical care, and definitions/topicality. In all, the sourcebook provides a great way to dive into this year’s resolution and have research on hand all year long.
Marc Davis has joined the Lasting Impact! Team! We are super excited to have him, and Brenda Storz, leading our Online Team Policy Club this fall! Check out his reasoning as to why you or your students should do TP…Continue reading “Why Should Students Jump into Team Policy Debate? By: Marc Davis”
Why haven’t you signed up yet? No more excuses- Do It TODAY! Perhaps you still have questions… perhaps you have excuses… let’s look them over…
How do sign up? Here’s the link. https://www.ziggyonlinedebate.us/sign-up/judge-signup.html
How much does it cost? Only $35!
I don’t have the money. Talk to us about a scholarship!
I don’t have the time. This is your typical Ziggy Tournament. You schedule your rounds, except for the Finals Round on June 18.
Isn’t registration closed? Nope! We extended registration until TODAY – May 16!
I didn’t qualify to Nationals. That’s ok! This is about GROWTH! Not all the best competitors make it through to the National Championship. Iron sharpens iron.
What are the prizes? We have scholarships to colleges, camps, including CASH!
Are the prizes just for winners? Nope! We will have drawings, as well!
Who is judging? We have excellent judges signing up to help you guys! This feedback is going to be the feedback you will want to propel you into next year or into The National Championship.
How do I sign up to judge? Alumni and parents can sign up HERE.
Still have more questions!? We would love to hear from you! We are excited to offer this opportunity and continue to see you dig deeper, grow, explore this 2021 debate season.
Our friends over at EconomicThinking.org wanted to share some of their research on the proposed policy topics for 2021. These would be excellent for students to dig deeper, check out for themselves, and maybe even sneak in a debate. Economic principles and history will help students identify meaningful reforms…Continue reading “More Information for Debaters/Families to Think About for 2021 TP Resolutions from Economic Thinking”
Since the year of EU immigration policy is sadly coming to a close, NCFCA has released its three resolution options for next year’s season! Voting is already open, NCFCA has released papers, videos and webinars, and sometimes amidst all the discussion of who likes which resolution more, it can get overwhelming. This is especially true of this year, where all three resolutions are intriguing, educational, and exciting in different ways. Because of this, we’ve boiled down the resolutions to a quick list of pros and cons to help you come to a decision without too much headache. That said, please feel free to take a look at NCFCA’s resources before voting!Continue reading “NCFCA 2022 TP Resolution Analysis by: Logan Hickman and Anna Macklem”
Lasting Impact! and Ziggy are joining forces to create an epic Debate Championship to close out the 2021 season! I know you will have questions… so let’s get them started!
1. Why are Ziggy and Lasting Impact! teaming up? It’s always awesome to collaborate with like-minded organizations and friends. We love coming together and collaborating and giving families opportunities to engage in speech and debate opportunities.
2. What are your goals? We want to see students growing, and continuing to hone their debate skills whether they are attending NCFCA Nationals or not. This also continues to give judges the opportunity to fill out ballots and give more feedback. Essentially, it’s that feedback that can help students to think critically, analyze their thought process, and make decisions on what needs to be said, or what does not. And let’s not under estimate the power of practice!
3. Who is the Ziggy + Lasting Impact! National Championship for? You did not need to make it to Nationals to compete in this unique debate event. Not all of the top competitors will make it to Nationals. Iron sharpens iron. Use this for the opportunity to grow for next season, or use this as your last hoorah, or use this event to test out your cases!
4. Will there be a case list? Students will have the option to disclose the TP case they are running during signup, but do not have to do so. We encourage teams to share what case(s) they are running, though, as we believe this enhances the quality of rounds! Per Ziggy Rule 2(a)(ii), Aff TP teams will need to send a copy of their case to the Negative team upon request during the round.
5. Will there be prizes? Yes, of course! More details soon!
6. Why the weekly/5 day format? Easy. Flexibility!! We wanted something easy and flexible for you to commit to.
7. What is the cost? Early bird is only $30 per person. Sign up now!
8. How do you sign up?
Be sure to check out all the rules at www.ziggyonlinedebate.us On behalf of Ziggy and Lasting Impact! we hope you will join us!
Have you been to a tournament or two and are feeling like you aren’t quite prepared? Don’t fret, you aren’t alone! Most teams have an aff case they are comfortable with by this point, but often going neg can feel daunting. Luckily, the interconnectedness of this year’s resolution means that with a collection of general briefs, you can feel prepared to debate against cases you haven’t even heard of before!
To supplement and spur on your research, the Lasting Impact team has released a Booster – collection of three general briefs and one neg brief covering key issues affecting many if not most of this year’s cases…Continue reading “Need a MidSeason Boost?”
It was the moment every policy debater fears. My partner and I had just asked our opponents what case they were running, and to our horror they gave us the name of one of the only cases we didn’t prep for at that national mixer. Not to mention it was the last prelim round – a breaking round. I less than confidently pulled out our one piece of evidence on the bill printed late the night before while my partner ran through the rain to retrieve a few pages of evidence from a fellow team. Needless to say, it was chaotic… Till we remembered there were such things as sourcebooks.Continue reading “The TPers Horror Story Turned Utopia by Sarah Fox”