According to National Impromptu Champion, Abbey Lovett, “The most overlooked event heading into Nationals is Impromptu and yet, it usually has the most amount of competitors. If you want to climb the ranks in Impromptu at the National Competition, you need to go in prepared.”
This Nationals workshop will take you through everything you need to know to succeed at nationals from the moment you walk into the competition room to the moment you leave (and much more) through the excellent instruction of Abbey Lovett.
Impromptu Nationals Prep:
– Reflecting on the year: what has worked, what hasn’t worked, how do you improve on that? Nationals is all about taking your biggest successes and enhancing them so they stand against the most competition you’ll ever see.
– At home prep for Nationals: How to research, practice, and collect stories as you’re preparing to leave for Nationals.
– At tournament prep: How to best use your time before each round to make sure your mind is prepared.
– Creating content: Judges at nationals are looking for the perfect combination of content, stories, and humor. Learn how to best organize your prep to give you the time you need to bring all of that to the table.
– Standing apart from the competition: How to catch the judges’ attention and keep it.
– Organizing your speeches in a memorable way.
– Presenting under pressure: Nationals can be scary! Especially once you start competing in elimination rounds. We’ll discuss some of the top strategies for not cracking under the pressure.
– Storytelling: How to tell compelling and inspiring stories that grab your audience’s attention and makes them remember your speech long after you’ve left the room.
WHEN: Thur. May 30
TIME: 7:00-8:30pm CT (PLUS a half hour one on one session with Abbey)
WHERE: An online Zoom meeting.
FOR: Nationals prep, but all are welcome.
COST: $25 members/$40 non members
Note: If you purchase the session but are unable to attend, we can still send you the link!