The Speech and Debate Season is upon us! Wait!? Isn’t it still summer!? You still have plenty of time to prepare, right!? Yes! But there are ways to make the season a little bit easier for everyone involved (especially the parents), if you would just put a little time into summer prep! What can you be doing NOW to benefit your Speech and Debate Season? Good question… I’m glad you asked!
- Go to Camp! This is where the excitement and energy happens! There are in person Speech and Debate Camps happening all over the country! Get there! Trained coaches who have already dug in to get you up to speed, new connections and relationships to be formed, inspiration for the up coming year… the list can go on and on. If you aren’t signed up for camp- do it now! Check out the Lasting Impact! Camps waiting for YOU!
- Schedule a Coaching Session. Oh yes, I have already started coaching! Summer sessions are the best! Exploring options, bouncing ideas off of a mentor or coach… sounds like progress to me! And anytime progress is being made, means less pressure later! No body likes coming up with a last minute idea! Scheduling a session with a coach can ensure progress and accountability! Schedule a Coaching Session today with one of our Speech or Debate Coaches today!
- Purchase a Guide Book, Sourcebook, or other Speech and Debate Resources. There’s nothing like a little motivation to get you going. These are the perfect start to get you on your way! Lasting Impact! will be rolling out their latest resources in the next couple weeks- including our TP Sourcebook and LD Guide!! Exciting stuff to jump start your research for the new resolutions!!
- Set Goals. What do you want to accomplish this year? Have you thought about it? Mapping out your season or timeline will help you achieve your goals. Be realistic. Once those fall and winter activities start coming into play, how much time will you be able to dedicate to Speech and Debate? Make sure you include others in your goals or quest, this will ensure you have a team of support to help you get where you want to go!
- Make a List of Ideas. Start a list NOW! Keep the list handy. Put in on your phone, in a notebook, on your bulletin board. Explore the list in your free time, at least once a week, or even better yet, once a day. Do you want to do an Interpretive Speech? What books should you check out of the library? What ideas are you exploring for your Persuasive or After Dinner? What is a list of themes that God is nudging you to dig deeper into? My list is on-going. It never stops! I urge you to start list and start making progress before the summer is over!
- Last but not least, have you signed up for a Speech or Debate Club or Class? Your local club may be filling up! I know Lasting Impact! Clubs and Classes are! Joining a club can be the perfect accountability, extra encouragement or motivation! Check out our options – Speech Basics, Platform Writing, Debate Readiness, Lincoln Douglas for Beginners, Intermediate LD, Team Policy with Breda Storz and Marc Davis, Limited Prep Crash Course, and MORE! Lasting Impact! Online Clubs and Classes have experienced coaches guiding you along the way! Check out all our options for Classes and Clubs HERE!
Lasting Impact! has been blessed to come alongside thousands of Speech and Debate students through the years, and we can’t wait to meet the next generation to come!